ecommerce website development company in mumbai optimization is not that different from optimisation of a non-Ecommerce website. However, the biggest challenge lies in creating the right content for the website.
Two stages are generally required to optimize a website:
1) Plan each page to ensure search engines understand the contents.
2) Linking to other trusted and relevant websites that are relevant to your site.
These stages can help your website rank high in search engines and generate lots of traffic.
Ecommerce websites can have hundreds, if not thousands, of products. However, the product descriptions are often very basic or taken directly from a manufacturer’s brochure or website.
Optimizing an Ecommerce website is not easy. You need to add more descriptions, be creative, and use keywords that are relevant to your products. This will ensure that the product descriptions are clear and concise. Many websites have product descriptions that are overloaded with keywords, but they don’t have a logical meaning. Search engines will detect this and penalize your website.
Here are 10 tips for optimizing your Ecommerce website.
1. Maintain a consistent and clean site structure. The homepage should highlight the product categories, while all internal pages should follow a clear path that is easily understood by customers and search engines.
2. Each product page should have a unique title. This is an important aspect of Ecommerce website optimization. Although products can look very similar, you should differentiate them by offering a unique variation.
3. Choose a unique keyword that reflects the most important phrases in the webpage content.
4. Make sure each page has a descriptive description that is relevant and interesting. This is the description that appears in search engine results pages. The more interesting the description, the greater chance you have to get a potential customer clicking through to your site.
5. A visible “Breadcrumb” navigation structure will allow customers to navigate your website quickly. An example of a breadcrumb navigation structure might be:
Home>Furniture>Chairs>Leather Chairs>Brown Leather Chairs
This allows visitors to be able to see where they are on the site, and gives them quick links to previous pages. This also helps improve the optimisation of Ecommerce websites.
6. Complete all alt tags with relevant keywords to optimize images This alternative text is what search engines can read, since they cannot see images by themselves.
7. Create an XML Sitemap that will allow search engine robots find and index all pages. Multiple sitemaps can be generated and submitted if the Ecommerce website contains hundreds of pages.
8. Submit your website manually to SEO friendly directories. Manually filling out the submission forms carefully and accurately helps the directory administrators make their job easier and approve a link.
9. Submit high quality articles that are relevant to your website with titles and contents. Also, submit keywords and article directories to social bookmarking and article directories. Ecommerce website optimization is incomplete without article submission. Article submission is one of the fastest ways to gain high quality backlinks. You must submit the article URL’s to the do follow bookmarking websites.
10. An analytics tool can help you monitor the success of your Ecommerce website optimization. Although there are many great free tools, if your site is particularly large you might need to pay for a paid version. A good analytics tool can be used to track and analyze visitor behavior.